Talcual Films is an independent production company based in the United States and Spain. Talcual, meaning “as it is” focuses on women’s issues, human rights and Spanish-speaking communities in the U.S. and abroad. Ella Es El Matador was Talcual Films’ first feature length production.
My work through Talcual Films is drawn to untold stories, the marginalized, and border crossing in all realms. I feel a deep commitment to the people whose lives I have the privilege to follow, and believe in the power of film to inspire hope and transform both subjects and viewers.
Ella Es El Matador
“Gripping.” —Sports Illustrated
“It’s not just a film about bullfighting, but a tale of possibilities-what the human spirit can achieve”—Roslyn Scott, Sarasota Creative Loafing Weekly
Partial List of Film Awards, Festivals + Screenings
- Tribeca All Access Creative Promise Award for Documentary
- World Premiere, 24th Guadalajara International Film Festival, Mexico. 2009
- US Premiere, 2009 Silverdocs Film Festival
- Best Documentary Award, Women in Direction International Film Festival, Cuenca, Spain
- Documentary Audience Award, 23rd Medina del Campo Film Festival, Spain
- US National Broadcast on Award Winning Documentary Series P.O.V. Sept. 2009
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- International Ethnographic Film Festival of Quebec, Jan. 2010
- Nalip Doing your Doc, San Antonio, Texas
- III Dominican Republic Global Film Festival
- 2009 Photo Miami
- Cervantes Institute Screening Tour in Casablanca, Tangier, Rabat, Milan, Bucharest, Dublin & Utretch
- 3rd Women Film Festival, Chennai, India. March 2010
- Birds Eye View Film Festival, London. UK. March 2010
- Buenos Aires International Film Festival. Argentina. April 2010
- Through Women’s Eye, Sarasota Film Festival. EEUU. April 2010
- Chicago Latino Film Festival. April 2010
- Citizen Jane Lecture Series. April 2010
- Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven. The Netherlands. May 2010
- Zaragoza Cinemateque, “Ciclo de Tauromaquia” Spain. May 24-29 2010
- Mountain Telluride Film Festival. May 2010
- Tribeca 92Y, NEW YORK, June 2010
- Círculo de Bella Artes, Curso Cineastas en Femenino Plural. Madrid, Spain July 2010
- DocuGender Film Festival, Rome, Italy. August 2010
- Nalip Doing Your Doc, Tucson, Arizona. September 2010
- New York Women in Television “Calling the Shots.” September 2010
- Causey Contemporary, Brooklyn NY. January 2011.
- 2011 Cervantes Institute Screening Tour in Paris, London, Crakovia, Franfurt, Moscu.
- Cine FEM Film Festival Chile, Santiago de Chile, March 2011.
- Espresso Film Festival, Vienna, Austria, July 2011
- 2012 Cervantes Institute Beijing, China. December – February 2012
- Reina Sofía Museum of Modern Art, Film Series “Silence At The Palace: Feminist Perspectives In Film”. Madrid, Spain. March 2012